Top 10 Ways to Communicate Toddler Language With Your Kids
Many of us feel that children do not have the intelligence or capacity to understand languages or signs that we use with them, but they are not perhaps aware that small kids have their own toddler language which they use to good effect. This is totally wrong because there have been quite a number of researches which have proved beyond doubt that young kids and toddlers also understand toddler language provided it is spoken to them and used in the right manner.
There are quite a few ways by which we can keep our toddler engaged and interested by using specifically chosen language for babies. This will not only improve their understanding and comprehending skills but will also go a long way in also developing the toddler’s speech and language skills over a period of time. This could be particularly very useful for kids who have a problem of delayed speech. The best approach would be to enable the child to develop a liking and love for such toddler language by choosing the best ways to communicate with the child.
Let us head over the next few lines try and identify the 10 most effective ways to communicate toddler language with kids with the basic objective of improving its speaking, hearing and comprehending skills.
Top 10 Effective Ways To Communicate Toddler Language
- Reading is a commonly practiced and very effective toddler language for your kid. You could buy some good reading books or alternately you could take the child to the library where you could read out these books to your child.
- The next important thing that you could do to improve the toddler language of your kids is to make liberal and effective use of flash cards. This is considered a very important and effective language for babies. These cards have pictures and words which are of great help in establishing a relationship with the object and the word that is read out.
- Sign language is also considered by many to be very effective in increasing the kids’ capacity to speak, understand and comprehend languages. Though many people may find it not suitable as far as speech enhancement is concerned, it is still considered a good language for babies who like movement of hands, legs and other parts of the bodies.
- Singing is also considered to the very effective in helping your kid a lot in improving its listening and speaking skills. Children like rhythmic music and songs and hence singing as a means for improving language for babies is a great thing do to.
- Another good way to improve language skills is to try and improve your own listening skills. Children like themselves to be heard and hence it is important that you also be patient and listen to what the kid has to say.
- You should also learn to master the art of learning when to talk and what to talk with your kid. The atmosphere, situation and environment are extremely important as far as improving toddler language of your child is concerned.
- Telling short stories with actions is also a very good method by which you can improve language skills in your kid.
- Allowing them to watch good cartoon serial where the language is clear and simple is also a very effective method of improving listening, comprehending and improving language for babies.
- Making them talk with other kids of their age and you being a guide and mentor is a great way to communicate with toddlers.
- Lastly, talking about things of daily interest and habit is an old and time tested way of improving toddler language.
Hope this can help parents to have an effective toddler language communication with their babies.
Learn more about toddler language for babies, check out on dunstan baby language program.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!